This actually has to do with the “Rule of 7.”
Buyers need to interact with a product at least 7 times before they are moved to make a purchase.
- 2% of sales are made on the 1st contact
- 3% of sales are made on the 2nd contact
- 5% of sales are made on the 3rd contact
- 10% of sales are made on the 4th contact
- 80% of sales are made on the 5th – 12th contact
Buyers don’t need to click on a banner ad. They just need to see it. A LOT.
Originally Posted: https://www.quora.com/If-its-more-likely-that-youll-climb-Mt-Everest-than-click-a-display-ad-how-are-display-ad-driven-businesses-still-viable
Originally Posted On: 2016-03-09