When I was a flight attendant, I saw a lot of things that many people would probably consider “weird” that were all part of my daily grind.
A lot of these have been mentioned already, but here’s my list:
- People changing their babies on the snack trays in full view of everyone (like that was perfectly normal behavior).
- People who would make soup with the airline water (guys, the water lines haven’t ever been cleaned – ever.)
- People who decide it is too risky to use the lav to join the mile high club and just ask for a pillow – then leave it on the seat when they leave. (Into the trash went those.)
- People who will ask for two of everything and then not use any of it, nor even take it with them. (I could understand if you were stocking up, but why do people ask for two vodkas, two cookies, two whatever and then just leave it? Weird.)
- The public nail biters, gas passers, fungus pickers, acne poppers, etc – its like as soon as they get on the plane they are in a bubble all alone. (Either that, or they are just following their bliss.)
The weirdest (and best) thing I saw though was from one of my fellow flight attendants. She lived to collect trash. It was her favorite thing in the world. Every time I was on a crew with her, there was no question of who was going to make the aisle runs – she was ON IT.
It was the craziest and coolest thing I ever saw while flying.
Originally Posted: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-weirdest-things-flight-attendants-have-seen-in-their-line-of-duty
Originally Posted On: 2015-05-12