When I talk about things that are “easy” to make, I don’t want to assume that people will have appliances or cooking implements.
In my travels, I’ve had to adjust recipes on the fly because someone didn’t have working burners, or didn’t have an oven, or a crock pot, or a blender – the list goes on.
So, here’s my recipe for the tastiest, easy thing that I know how to make, which you can do with just a knife, a fork, a plate, and two bowls:
- 3/4 cup soft white bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 8 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Chopped unblanched almonds
- Place breadcrumbs, vinegar, garlic, and oil in a small bowl and mix vigorously with a fork to form a smooth paste; set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then blend in bread paste.
- Cover and chill at least 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish with chopped almonds.
Originally Posted: https://www.quora.com/What-ingredients-are-easy-and-fun-to-make
Originally Posted On: 2015-01-30