I was born and raised in a borough of New York City, and I identify first and foremost as a New Yorker (go Yankees!)
I care deeply about entrepreneurship, and work with the Women’s Startup Lab and Food-X Accelerators as well as serving on the boards for Walls360, the Howard H. Hughes School of Engineering at UNLV , the GWIB IT Sector Council of Nevada, among others.
I currently serve a dual role as Unicorn Whisperer and Chief Technology Officer at ROCeteer in Las Vegas, NV, a role for which I won the 2015 Silver Stevie Award for Mentor/Coach of the year.
I also am a Director at the NeverGiveUp Foundation , where I coincidentally won the 2015 Bronze Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year.
One thing I am frequently asked (probably daily, at least once), is “What is a Unicorn Whisperer?” The broadest answer is that I am a transformational coach.
The geek in me likens me to a particle accelerator. I help my clients find those things hiding within that they need to surface in in order to become better and greater versions of themselves.
In addition to those things, in my copious amounts of spare time, I am a speaker and author.
Here’s a quick CV:
- The Office of Lt. Governor Kathleen Kennedy Townsend – Where I learned my passion for infrastructure and community
- U.S. Naval Research Labs – I got to build satellites!
- Spirit Airlines – I was a flight attendant. SO COOL.
- THQ – I was a booth babe AND a game designer. Beat THAT!
- CoreStreet – After 9/11, a lot of people didn’t feel safe. We wanted to do something about that.
- Boston Medical Center – I got to help a major hospital move into the digital age and become HIPPA compliant.
- CyberGrants – Managed charitable giving for Fortune 500 companies. Had a blast.
- Evernote – grew the userbase from 5000 to 100,000,000 and lived on a boat while doing it.
- ROCeteer – Working with an amazing team to coach amazing teams. What could be better?
- University of Alabama, Huntsville
- St. John’s College, Annapolis
- Clare College, Cambridge
I have also been happily married since 2000 to my long-suffering husband Leon Wilde . He’s awesome and I really don’t deserve him.
Originally Posted: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-background-info-where-they-live-personal-and-professional-background-area-of-expertise-and-interests-of-the-January-2016-Top-Writers
Originally Posted On: 2016-01-10