As a digital nomad, you go through some very distinct phases of your work life:
- I will set up an office and keep office hours just like I was in the office.
- I can totally work in my pajamas!!!!!!!!!!
- I wonder if anyone noticed that I hadn’t brushed my hair on that last video call?
- I don’t think anyone will mind if I pop out for a 3 hour lunch and work later.
- I can’t remember when the last time I showered was.
- I don’t think anyone will notice if I’m calling in from another country all of a sudden. Time zones automatically update on the calendar, right?
- Do you think they remember who I am in the office? Maybe I should send them a postcard.
- I think they forgot about me.
- I maybe probably better make an effort to go to the office.
- No, really, where was I when was I did laundry that last time?
- Maybe I should go outside sometime and meet someone, after all, I’m in this amazing place.
And so on.
You get a lot of work done with very little stress, but it totally spoils you for doing anything else.
Originally Posted: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-different-phases-of-a-digital-nomad-life
Originally Posted On: 2016-02-26