Here’s a great 90-Day plan for new CTOs:
0 – 30 days:
Make no changes in the technology organization.
- Engage every employee.
- Listen & take notes.
- Resist every temptation to make significant changes.
- Focus on creating a culture of transparency and accountability.
Team superstars will respect you from day one. Under Performers will realize that the time for a new job search has arrived.
31 – 60 days:
- Become a silent participant in all other meetings.
- Attend sales pipeline reviews.
- Attend customer account planning calls.
- Learn the pain points in every other organization that may be addressed later by adjusting the product roadmap or simply correcting product functionality.
Win the respect of your executive peers by sharing their daily challenges.
61 – 90 days:
- Invest time in creating a very clinical perspective on what you learned.
- Present it to the executive team. (They may not even realize certain issues or opportunities exist.)
- Begin working on a plan to meet current operational goals while introducing methodical changes to position the company for growth.
- Present it to your own organization.
Do not hold back any information. Your commitment to transparency and clear goals will be the reason why everyone will accept you as the new leader.
Adapted from https://agilesequent.wordpress.c…
Originally Posted: https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-90-day-CTO-plan
Originally Posted On: 2015-12-11